What Should You Bring to Your First Appointment With a Bankruptcy Attorney?
Getting the Information We Need to Advise You on Your Options
One of the benefits of hiring an experienced bankruptcy attorney is to get individualized advice about your financial situation. In order to provide that advice, your lawyer will need detailed information about your assets, your debts and other issues that could affect your case.
At Gingold & Gingold LLC, we are committed to providing the personal service our clients deserve. So that we can give the best possible advice and representation, our bankruptcy lawyers request that clients bring the following information to their first appointments:
- List of creditors (name, address, ZIP code, account number, amount owed)
- Living expenses (types and amounts of average monthly living expenses)
- Pay stubs (for the past six months)
- Tax returns (for the past two years, including W-2s and 1099s)
- Social Security card (photocopy)
- Driver’s license (photocopy)
If you decide to hire us to help you file bankruptcy, we will also need the following information before we can move forward with your case. If you can bring any or all of this information to your first meeting, that will help us move things along as quickly as possible.
- Credit report ( www.annualcreditreport.com provides a free credit report)
- Credit card statement (most recent)
- Address history (places you have lived for the past two and a half years)
- Bank statements (for the past one month for all accounts, including IRAs and 401(k)s)
- Life insurance statements (showing name of insurance company and type of policy)
- Secured documents (copies of car loans and mortgage documents)
- Divorce decree (if divorced in the past three years)
Bankruptcy Lawyers · Woodstock, Dallas, Gainesville, Atlanta
Our firm is made up of two experienced lawyers: Ira D. Gingold, who has been a bankruptcy attorney since 1971 and Court-appointed Bankruptcy Trustee from 1971-2013, and Jamie L. Gingold, who has been practicing bankruptcy, real estate and business law in Georgia since 2001.