Frequently Asked Questions
Answering Your Questions And Concerns About Bankruptcy
At the law offices of Jamie L. Gingold, PC, GingoldBankruptcyLaw.com (Formerly practicing with Gingold & Gingold LLC), we are committed to reducing people’s stress about bankruptcy by providing them with accurate information and skilled guidance.
Our firm is made up of two experienced Georgia bankruptcy attorneys: Ira D. Gingold, who has been a bankruptcy lawyer since 1971 and court-appointed bankruptcy trustee from 1971 to 2013, and Jamie L. Gingold, who has been practicing bankruptcy, business and real estate law since 2001.
We are available to answer any questions you may have about the bankruptcy system and the bankruptcy process. Some of the most common questions we receive include:
- Should I consider bankruptcy?
- What can I keep?
- How can I protect my assets?
- Will my retirement account be taken?
- Which debts can I discharge?
- Why use an attorney to file bankruptcy?
- How long does filing bankruptcy take?
- Can I file bankruptcy more than once?
- How will bankruptcy affect my credit?
- What should I bring to my first appointment?
- What does it cost to file bankruptcy?
- What are the do’s and don’ts before filing bankruptcy?
- What will happen to my home and car?
- Can I own anything after bankruptcy?
- What should I expect at my court hearing?
- Should my spouse and I file alone or together?
- How long do I have to wait to rebuild my credit?
- How long does it take before my debts are discharged?
- Where will I live if I give up my house?
- Who will know if I file bankruptcy?
- What are the tax obligations of a person filing bankruptcy?
- What does a bankruptcy trustee do?
- What if I can’t make my Chapter 13 plan payments?
- Can bankruptcy help me with my student loans?
- Can bankruptcy stop a job garnishment and bank garnishment?
- How does bankruptcy affect filing taxes?
- Is Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 better for me?
- Can I wipe out my second mortgage?
Banks and other creditors have spread many myths about bankruptcy. Their goal is to scare people and stop them from filing bankruptcy. Our goal is to give our clients the information they need to make the right decisions for their families and themselves.
Get Answers · Contact Our Attorneys At Jamie L. Gingold, PC, GingoldBankruptcyLaw.com (Formerly practicing with Gingold & Gingold LLC)
If you are considering bankruptcy and want to know more, our attorneys can answer your questions in a free consultation. To schedule a meeting, please contact us at (678) 915-2634 or by e-mail. Jamie is accepting cases from Atlanta, Cumming, Dallas and Douglasville and surrounding areas.